Bluehost Review 2021
Bluehost Review 2021 : One of the oldest web servers that started in 1996, Bluehost has become the biggest brand when it comes to WordPress hosting. They are an official hosting provider recommended by “WordPress”. With Bluehost, you never have to worry about your website being slow, even when there is a lot of traffic. Their 24/7 expert support is always available to help you when you need it by phone, email, or live chat. They are ranked # 1 in small business web hosting. On top of that, they are offering WPBeginner users an exclusive 63% discount, a free domain, free SSL, and a free site builder with templates.
Bluehost Review from Our Experts
Bluehost is one of the largest web hosting companies in the world and an official WordPress recommended hosting provider. Bluehost offers a wide variety of hosting plans for beginners and for medium and large companies with 24/7 customer support. See the full Bluehost review by our experts to find out if Bluehost is the right choice for you. In this comprehensive Bluehost review, we’ll test its promises with a rigorous and comprehensive analysis using industry-standard benchmarking tools.
The following are the areas we will look at
Speed : How fast will your website load with Bluehost? We will test your speed and server response time to assess what
Performance : How does Bluehost perform under traffic spikes? We will test it by running the stress test and see how well it performs under traffic.
Reliability : Will your website be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year with no downtime?
Customer Support : Can you count on Bluehost customer support when you need immediate help with your website?
Features : Do they offer all the features you will need to create your website?
Prices : Do they have the best prices in the industry? Are there any Bluehost offers that can save you money?
This is our full Bluehost review and we’ll do an in-depth look at the pros and cons of Bluehost. If you don’t want to read the full review, here’s Bluehost’s quick dashboard with our verdict right below it.
|Bluehost Review Summary|
|Average load time||1.48 ms|
|Average response time||1.26 ms|
|Support||Phone / Live Chat / Knowledge base|
Bottom line: In our Bluehost review, we found them to be reliable, fast, and affordable with friendly 24/7 customer support.
That’s why we’ve chosen to recommend Bluehost as one of the best WordPress hosting companies.
Now let’s dive into our detailed Bluehost hosting review so that you can decide for yourself.
Bluehost started in 1996 and grew steadily to become one of the largest web hosting companies in the world. Now it feeds more than 2 million websites around the world.
Bluehost has a longstanding relationship with the WordPress community. They are an official hosting company recommended by WordPress.org since 2006.
They pride themselves on their 24/7 customer support, excellent hosting infrastructure, and support for free open source software like WordPress.
Pros and Cons of Bluehost
All the best web hosting services have their pros and cons. Some you can live with and some you can’t ignore.
These are the pros and cons of Bluehost that we learned about.
- Pricing: Their hosting plans are affordable for most users, especially those who are just starting out.
- Reliability: They feed a large number of websites with minimal downtime.
- No Hidden Fees – There are no hidden fees when signing up for your account.
- Free domain: You get a free domain name for the first year when you sign up.
- Free CDN + SSL: For every website, you get a free SSL certificate and free CDN from Cloudflare to block malware and improve security.
- Money-back guarantee: They offer a 30-day money-back guarantee on all plans.
As we mentioned earlier, there are always downsides with every hosting company. The following are some disadvantages of choosing Bluehost as your host.
Higher domain renewal price: Your free domain renewal price is higher than average.
Upsell Addons: They have an aggressive upsell process during signup. But you can easily uncheck all the plugins if you don’t need them.
Bluehost Performance Tests
The most important performance metric to look for is speed. Not only does it affect the user experience on your site, it also affects your WordPress SEO ranking.
Studies show that a 1-second drop in website speed can decrease your conversion rate by 7%. A 3 second delay can cost you 50% of your traffic.
Bluehost Speed Test Results
For a faster website, you will need to choose a fast website hosting company. With this in mind, we created a test site to see how fast Bluehost really is.
Our test site was built using WordPress with the default Twenty Twenty theme. We import fictional content for theme development, including images. After that, we use Pingdom to test the speed of the website.
As you can see, our test site loads in less than two seconds. Considering the fact that our website did not use caching plugins or speed optimization tips, this result is remarkable.
However, the speed test alone is not enough because this test site did not have a large amount of traffic.
To test how Bluehost servers with higher traffic would respond, we used a test tool called K6 (formerly LoadImpact) to send virtual users (VUs) to our test site.
We used it to gradually accumulate up to 100 visitors to see how the server would handle the increase in requests from multiple connections at once.
The green line is the number of active virtual users on the site and the blue line is the server load time. As you can see, the server load remained stable during the test, even during the traffic spikes.
This test indicates that if you are looking for a really fast website, Bluehost may be perfect for you.
It is also important to note that we did not record any downtime during our tests.
Many hosting companies promise a 99.99% uptime guarantee. We set up an uptime monitoring alert for our test account. See the screenshot below for a detailed description of the Bluehost server uptime.
Bluehost Server Response Time
When you are testing a live website using tools like Pingdom, you are basically seeing how everything on your website loads. This includes images too, which take much longer to load than plain text.
In order to get a more accurate server response time, we used another tool called Bitcatcha. It allows you to test server response time without loading any data
As you can see, the Bluehost server in the US was done in a split second. Elsewhere, the response was slightly louder, but still less than a second.
If your target audience is in the United States, this would benefit your website. However, if more of your users are from other parts of the world, you can change your server location.
Bluehost Hosting Plans and Features
Bluehost offers a variety of hosting plans for all budgets and sizes. This includes shared hosting, VPS, dedicated server, cloud hosting, WooCommerce hosting, managed WordPress hosting, and more.
Bluehost offers a variety of hosting plans for all budgets and sizes. This includes shared hosting, VPS, dedicated server, clou
- Shared Hosting : Shared hosting is the perfect way to start a new website with low traffic volume. In a shared hosting environment, your website shares server resources with other websites.
- Cloud Hosting : A more reliable upgrade to the shared hosting plan. It allows you to use multiple servers in the cloud, allowing your website to automatically switch to a different server in the event of a hardware failure or heavy traffic.
- WordPress Hosting : Their WordPress plans are specifically designed for WordPress powered websites. It is optimized to run WordPress and can even protect your WordPress site against common threats.
- WooCommerce Hosting : WooCommerce is the most popular eCommerce plugin for WordPress, it allows you to easily start an online store with WordPress. WooCommerce hosting offers you all the essential features to get your eCommerce store up and running.
- VPS (Virtual Private Server) Hosting : An upgrade to shared WordPress hosting, VPS hosting allows you virtual dedicated resources in a shared environment.
- Dedicated hosting server : A dedicated hosting server for your website, means that you will have all the resources of the dedicated server for you. The downside is that you will have to manage the server yourself.
All plans come with an easy-to-use hosting control panel where you can manage your hosting, create databases, etc. Bluehost has a custom control panel that improves ease of use for beginners. It also uses a custom version of the cPanel hosting panel for more advanced options.
Breakdown of Bluehost’s Shared Hosting Plans
Bluehost offers a suitable shared hosting package for startup websites. Your shared plan is available in four different tiers.
- Basic : The basic plan only allows you to host one website. It hosts a domain and 25 subdomains, 50 GB of SSD storage, 5 email accounts of 100 MB of disk space for each account. During the first period, you will pay $ 2.75 per month. When you renew your account, you will pay $ 8.99 per month.
- Plus : The Plus plan includes unlimited websites with unlimited web space and bandwidth. You will also get unlimited email accounts. Pricing for the first quarter starts from $ 4.95 per month. When you renew the account, you will have to pay $ 11.99 per month.
- Choice Plus : The Choice Plus plan includes all the features of the Plus plan. You’ll also get free domain privacy and automated daily backups powered by CodeGuard as extras worth over $ 80 / year. The first quarter price is $ 5.45 per month. When renewing, you will have to pay $ 16.99 per month.
- Pro : The Pro plan starts from $ 13.95 per month for the first period, then you will pay $ 23.99 per month. Includes all the features of the previous plans + dedicated IP address.
Bluehost Customer Support and Service
We all need help from time to time. It is very important that you choose a web hosting company that offers help and support when you need it. Bluehost maintains a huge library of articles, step-by-step guides, and video tutorials as part of its extensive knowledge base. This is a great help for beginners and the most common problems can be solved quickly with a simple search.
However, sometimes you may need to speak to a person for further help. Bluehost offers a 24/7 support system where you can speak to representatives of their support team via live chat or phone support. This is really useful when you need quick help from technical support staff.
One thing missing is the ticket-based support system. Bluehost recently decided to remove ticket-based support to focus on a personal approach to live chat and phone support. However, some users may still miss out on the ticket-based support system, which is particularly good if their issue cannot be resolved in a live chat or phone session.
Conclusion: Is Bluehost the Right Choice for You?
After reading this review, you may be wondering if Bluehost is the right choice for your website. Bluehost is often the # 1 web host by many websites. They offer a wide range of hosting options with tons of features that help you easily create your website.
All of their hosting plans include expert customer support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by trained staff. Most importantly, they offer affordable starter plans to fit any budget requirement. If you’re just starting out, you can’t go wrong signing up for a Bluehost shared hosting plan. It is easy to carry and comes with all the right tools. As your site grows, you can easily update your hosting plan accordingly.
Ready to start your website with Bluehost? Click here to select your Bluehost plan
WPBeginner users get an exclusive 60% discount and a free domain with our coupon code Bluehost. All you have to do is click this link to buy. The discount will be applied automatically.
FAQs About Bluehost hosting
In this detailed Bluehost review, we have tried to cover all aspects of their hosting services. The following are some of the most frequently asked questions about Bluehost that we hear from our users.
1. Can I make an online store using WooCommerce on Bluehost?
If you can. In fact, Bluehost is one of the best WooCommerce hosting service providers. Your starter plan is perfect for starting an online store. However, keep in mind that you will need to update as your store begins to receive more traffic. Hopefully by then you will be making enough money to justify the upgrade costs.
2. Is Bluehost good for beginners?
Yes. Bluehost is the most beginner-friendly WordPress hosting company on the market. They install WordPress automatically when you sign up. They also have an easy-to-use control panel that allows you to manage your hosting account on your own. Lots of help is available with detailed guides, video tutorials, and articles. You also have 24/7 access to your expert support via live chat and phone.
3. Can Bluehost handle high traffic?
Their shared hosting plans are suitable for startup and small business websites. In our stress test, their shared hosting plan was able to handle 100 virtual users without any slowdowns. These plans can handle sudden and reasonable traffic spikes. However, they are still quite limited in server resources. If you expect a lot of traffic, you will need to upgrade your hosting plan.
4. Why use Bluehost for WordPress?
Bluehost is one of the largest hosting companies in the world and an officially recommended WordPress hosting provider. They have been supporting the WordPress community for a long time and know WordPress very well. Their platform is highly optimized for WordPress websites and is designed to run WordPress at peak performance. They also have WordPress engineers on their team so you know that your website is in good hands.
5. Do I need a credit card to sign up with Bluehost?
Bluehost accepts credit cards, but you can choose to display more payment options during checkout and select PayPal as the payment method if you wish.
6. Is Bluehost better than GoDaddy?
Bluehost is better than GoDaddy because we think Bluehost support is better.Sites dashboard and overall onboarding experience is much more beginner-friendly. Not to mention, Bluehost offers better prices for small businesses.
7. How does Bluehost compare with SiteGround and HostGator?
When comparing Bluehost to SiteGround and HostGator, there are several pros and cons that you should be aware of. Bluehost offers more value for the price compared to SiteGround. Their plans start at $ 2.75 per month and include a free domain, while SiteGround’s plans start at $ 4.99 and don’t include any free domains.
On the other hand, the SiteGround platform comes with better speed and security features. For more details, check out our Bluehost vs SiteGround vs WP Engine comparison. In terms of Bluehost vs HostGator, they are quite similar when it comes to hosting CPU resources, site migration tools, pricing, and more. We found Bluehost’s user experience to be a bit better as they have invested heavily in their WordPress website building platform.
8. Where are Bluehost servers located?
Bluehost operates its own in-house data center located in Utah, USA It is a massive 50,000 square foot facility that serves as its primary data center.
9. What Bluehost plan should I get?
If you are just starting a new website, blog, or online store, we recommend that you start with your basic plan. It’s good enough for a starter website and you can always update later. Ready to start your website with Bluehost? Click here to select your Bluehost plan.
Stay Tuned with Newzpanda.com, For more updates.